Monday, April 27, 2015

My Little Early Bird

Noah is the early bird in this house.  I always like getting up before the kids to have some alone time and get myself going before they need me.  I don't always do it, but I love when  I do.  The day is always so much better when I have some time in the morning to myself.  Most recently, I have been running in the mornings.  I love the gym, but found it wasn't happening with the far drive, Liam's nap schedules, and the kids' schooling and other extracurriculars.  Thus, the treadmill in the basement early in the morning seemed to be my best option.  I wanted to try and do something spiritual before they woke up as well.  The solution is I listen to conference talks while I run.  Well, I tiptoed down the stairs at 6:05 am only to hear Noah's door open.  I told him to go back to bed, but a short time later as I was running he came and joined me.  My mornings don't always work out perfect, but I was able to run and listen to two conference talks.  I wish sometimes I could be more productive or work on my own skills and talents more, but I really am working on developing my kids and helping  them learn and grow right now.  I have to remember there will be a time for me again, but right now I'm helping the kids. It's also good for the kids to see me exercising my mind and body. 

No comments: