Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Book of Mormon Reading

We have been reading the Book of Mormon to the kids on a pretty consistent basis.  Sometimes Steve does it in the mornings while they eat breakfast, in the car with me, or at night in our bed.  The time we do it is sometimes different, but we try to do it on a regular basis. The kids also have the Book of Mormon videos.  They are really starting to learn the stories, hopefully develop a habit or reading the scriptures, and feel the spirit.  I have just a few cute stories of Noah and the BOM.  One day Noah hit me and I was on the phone with Steve. Steve said to me, "Put Noah on the phone."  I handed the phone to Noah and Steve asked Noah, "Why did you hit mommy?"  Noah replied, "because I'm a lamanite."  I'm not sure that was quite our intended result of reading.  Another day, Noah was playing with his swords and he said, "This is like the sword in the Book of Mormon!"  He is certainly observant and picking up on things, but he seems to be picking up a few of the wrong things.  He makes us laugh on a daily basis with his funny comments and witty remarks. 

No comments: