Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

Well I was sort of dreading/preparing myself for this week for a little while.  My mom's birthday is May 4th and Mother's Day is always right around her birthday as well.  Luckily on the 4th I stayed busy which helped.  Mother's Day I had a lot of mixed emotions.  I thought to give a good book to the people I visit teach and that helped.  I know it's what my mom would have wanted me to do with the money I didnt spend on her.  I let Steve take care of the gift for his mom. I was sort of checked out mentally from all of it.  My cute friend, Meghan brought by a treat basket for Mother's Day.  She is always always thinking of me.  Steve and the kids really did a great job making my day.  Steve went to the store to get food for us to cook on Sunday.  Then Sunday morning, the kids had cards for me.  Steve also had a card.  He got me a gold watch which I have been wanting and some new sunglasses, which I also have been wanting.  Steve grilled steak.  We had salad, fruit, veggies, grilled steak and chicken and Angel Food cake for dessert.  Steve also built a huge fort for the kids.  Overall, it was a great day.  I only cried a little when I saw and sang part of "Love is Spoken Here."  We sang that song at my mom's funeral and she used to sing it whenever we would be fighting so it's a tough song for me to hear.

No comments: