Thursday, May 13, 2010

Animal Sounds and some Walking

Still no bridge..i have some pics of her doing it, but i cant get it on video! This journaling is for me, but enjoy if you wish.
Ava can do several animal sounds. Cow, Pig, Fish, Elephant, Sheep, and most recently a Bear!
She can clap her hands and knows to clap when singing "If you're happy and you know it," before you say "clap your hands." She knows head, shoulders, knees, and toes gestures. (Well the head, knees and toes part)
She knows the hand signals for "Popcorn Popping," "5 Little Monkeys Swinging in the Tree," and we are working on "The Wise Man built His House upon the Rock." She loves her books and to turn the pages. She has an animal book and can recognize the sheep and cow and say the right sound!
When you say bye, bye she heads to the door. When you say, "should we brush your pretty hair," she tries to brush her hair with her hand. When you say, "brush your teeth," she sticks her tongue out. She knows where her tongue, toes, and knees are. She can shake her head no and we are working on the yes! I have to say, I'm sure eventually I will get sick of the fact that she can say no, but for no I like it. I'll say, "do you want a strawberry," and she can tell me if she doesn't. Kind of nice...
I will get some video of her doing the songs and her body parts! It's cute (if you are the parents I guess)
Ava is a little particular; and the food she doesn't like, she puts in her cup holder in her high chair.
Okay, here is a video of her doing some of her little tricks! We'll get the rest another time :)

5 comments:

Giles Family said...

She is absolutely beautiful and so smart. You can tell her mind is busy.. but she knows exactly what you are saying. Can't wait to see you guys soon. :)

Chap and Heather said...

Good golly, she's so stinkin' cute!! I love her pig-tails!!! I like reading what she's doing at that age...that gives me something to look forward to :) She sure is smart!!

Katie Torriente: said...

Hi Marissa- thanks for the tips about DC! Aaron says hello!!

Oh, and your little girl is so cute. I love her hair :)

Mindy said...

I love the pigtails! She's so cute! I can't wait for my girl. I was laughing at her wanting to leave. I hate when Cameron puts on his shoes and brings me my bag if I don't have anywhere to take him. I just say to him once or twice, "No, we're not going anywhere" and then I just ignore him until he gets bored of pulling the bag around and goes to play with something else. In fact I am all together realizing the wonder of ignoring your child's requests after a couple of answers! Just because they ask 20 times doesn't mean I need to answer 20 times!

Elizabeth said...

Ava seems like such a smartie, like her Mama! Yes, let's get together! Which museums do you guys go to? Swimming is also fun!